The building has been lovingly cared for and evokes the warmth and charm of a true family residence. Build in the late 1800's, the building was originally a vacation home for a Senator of Connecticut. In 1922 the building was converted to a funeral home under the ownership of the Brockett family. The second and third floors are the living quarters of the present owner, Dominick Abbate along with his wife Christine. The first floor and chapel addition feature three reposing rooms, a music room with a baby grand piano; casket selection room, arrangement office, rest rooms, and the main chapel that accommodates over 100 people, the largest on the East End of Long Island. Everything is on the ground floor, convenient to the elderly and handicapped. On the ground floor alone are three working fireplaces. The main chapel has a sound system that enables one to hear the service from anywhere in the building, as well as a beautiful Allen Organ. With over one acre of off street parking Brockett Funeral Home is capable of handling the largest of families.