Our History

Brockett Funeral Home, Inc. was founded in 1922 by Mr. Everett Brockett at the current location. The building dates back to the late 1800's and was the summer home of a Connecticut Senator. The building has been lovingly cared for and evokes the warmth and charm of a true family residence. The second and third floors are the living quarters of the present owner, John Abbate along with his wife Valerie and their four children. The first floor and chapel addition feature three reposing rooms, a music room with a baby grand piano; casket selection room, arrangement office, rest rooms, and the main chapel that accommodates over 100 people, the largest on the East End of Long Island. Everything is on the ground floor, convenient to the elderly and handicapped. On the ground floor alone are three working fireplaces. The main chapel has a sound system that enables one to hear the service from anywhere in the building, as well as a beautiful Allen Organ. With over one acre of off street parking Brockett Funeral Home is capable of handling the largest of families.